Chenango Memorial Hospital Foundation
The Chenango Memorial Hospital Foundation was established in 1985 for the sole purpose of generating funds for the hospital to use in providing health care in Chenango County. To that end, the Foundation seeks and manages public and private funds from individuals, foundations, corporations, civic organizations and governmental agencies to support UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital activities in Chenango County.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to facilitate charitable giving that supports the hospital’s healthcare efforts to improve the health status of our county. The Foundation increases the awareness of the organization’s benefits to our greater community, while providing giving opportunities that are in the best interest of the donor and UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital. It’s our goal to become the health-related charitable organization of choice in the greater Chenango community.
The Chenango Memorial Hospital Foundation is grateful for the generosity of people like you, whose support enables UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital to continue providing quality health care to the people in our community. By donating to the Foundation, you help ensure continued excellence.
Gifts to the Foundation are invested and the income from those investments is given to the hospital. Since its inception, the Foundation has provided over $1.1 million to UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital. The CMH Foundation was also a lead donor during the recent capital campaign with a pledge of $500,000.
Recent gifts from the Foundation were used toward the following:
- $100,000 Renovation of the Hospital’s Pharmacy
- $100,000 Fetal Monitors for Maternity
- Phototherapy Lights for Maternity
- Swallow Chair for Radiology
- Hi-Lo Table for Orthopedics
- Cribs for the Medical/Surgical Unit
- Soft ID Lab Collection Technology
- $90,000 Electrocardiogram Machines for the Heart Center
- Equipment for the Operating Room
- Flat Screen HD TV’s for the 3rd Floor Patient and Waiting Rooms
- $80,000 Creation of a Gastrointestinal Suite in Ambulatory Surgery
Five Compelling Reasons to Support UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital
- You want UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital to always be here for you. It’s a good chance that sometime in the future you or someone you love will need the numerous health care services CMH provides. When that time comes, you’ll be glad you contributed today.
- You want to give something back in appreciation for the care you received. If you were pleased with your care at UHS Chenango Memorial, a gift to the CMH Foundation is a wonderful way to say “thank you” and to help others receive the same care you did.
- You want your charitable dollars to stay in the region. At a time when your mailbox is flooded with donation requests, it’s comforting to know that your gift to the CMH Foundation remains in the greater Chenango County area, directly benefiting your family, friends, and neighbors.
- You want to boost quality of life and the local economy. The presence of good health care attracts people and desirable jobs to the area. UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital employs approximately 500 individuals and contributes $120,000,000 of economic activity in Chenango County
- You want to help those less fortunate than you. UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital and the other members of UHS – Wilson Memorial Hospital, Binghamton General Hospital, and Delaware Valley Hospital – all provide the same compassionate service to everyone who seeks help. In fact, UHS hospitals are known throughout Central New York for success in reaching those who might not otherwise receive the care they need.
Ways to Give
If you’d like to make a gift to the CMH Foundation, we welcome your support and thank you. The CMH Foundation is a tax-exempt organization and, if you qualify under the 2018 Tax Act guidelines, your gift may be tax deductible. We accept the following types of gifts:
Cash contributions may be made in the form of outright gifts or pledged over a period of time. Outright gifts of cash are some of the most valuable gifts we receive since they are immediately available and often unrestricted. Gifts can also be made by credit card or by contributing on-line through this page or our Facebook page.
Outright gifts of publicly held stock, government and corporate bonds or mutual fund shares can be beneficial for both the donor and the CMH Foundation because they can help diversify assets and minimize capital portfolio gains.
The options described below are the most common methods of planned giving. Gifts of real estate, property, annuities and life insurance are also possibilities. Be sure to consult your attorney or financial advisor to design a plan that’s best for you.
Wills and Bequests
Naming the CMH Foundation in your will is the simplest and most common type of planned gift. A gift of this kind by will or trust benefits the organization in the long term, while enabling you to retain full control of your assets during your lifetime.
Careful planning can minimize the taxes due on retirement plan assets during life and at death. Retirement plan assets include those held in individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and those held in accounts under 401(k) plans, profit sharing plans, Keogh plans and 403(b) annuity plans. Although these plans are good sources of retirement income, they may not be the best assets to pass along to family due to income and estate taxes. By naming the CMH Foundation as beneficiary of your retirement account, the entire amount remaining in the account is available for our use with no tax consequences to your estate.
We’re Here to Help
If you’d like to speak with a member of our Foundation staff, please contact us at 607-337-4510. We’re also happy to work with your attorney, accountant or financial planner to help you accomplish your financial and philanthropic goals.
Memorials and Tributes
A gift to a UHS organization can be made in memory of someone who has passed away, in honor of someone special, or to mark a special occasion or important event. Some donors make tribute gifts to recognize a doctor or to show gratitude to a nurse or caregiver. This is a wonderful way to remember or honor a friend or loved one.
Tribute gifts may be designated to a particular program or area of care or may be made to support the greatest need.
Here are some examples of tribute gifts you can make:
- In memory or honor of someone dear
- On a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, bar or bat mitzvah, retirement) for a friend or loved one
- To brighten someone's day or to wish someone a speedy recovery
- Congratulations for a graduate or for a job well done
- With thanks to a physician, nurse or caregiver
We’re Here to Help
If you’d like to make a gift to honor someone special, or if you wish to speak with a member of our foundation/fund staff, please contact us using the telephone numbers listed below. We’re also happy to work with your attorney, accountant or financial planner to help you accomplish your financial and philanthropic goals.
- UHS Foundation (for UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General Hospital): 607-762-2171
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital Foundation: 607-337-4510
- Enhance UHS Delaware Valley Hospital Fund: 607-865-2409
Many caring individual and corporations provide generous financial and volunteer support to UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital. Some choose to provide direct support to the program of their choice, while others sponsor events or provide in-kind support, donating items and services that may be used by UHS Chenango Memorial for fund-raising auctions, gifts and prizes.
Whatever your needs, our staff will work with you to find a way to meet your charitable and business objectives, including giving you special recognition for your generosity. For information about event sponsorship, providing direct corporate support or donating merchandise please give us a call.
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital Foundation: 607-337-4510
Annual Report & News
The Chenango Memorial Hospital Foundation hosts two major fundraising events each year to support the mission of UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital.
- Annual Golf Tournament & Picnic - First Friday after Memorial Day
- Annual Fundraising Campaign - November through February