The UHS Foundation raises funds for state-of-the-art equipment, patient care facilities and community outreach programs that help New York hospitals UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General Hospital remain leading providers of medical care in the region.
Mission and Vision
The Foundation’s mission is to support innovation, service and quality at UHS by educating the community, attracting donors and managing gifts wisely. Our vision is to become the region’s health-related charitable organization of choice based on the communication of our cause, the care and service we provide to our donors, and the stewardship of the gifts entrusted to us.
Five Compelling Reasons to Support a UHS Hospital
- You want New York UHS Hospitals to always be here for you. It’s a good chance that some time in the future you or someone you love will need the sophisticated health care services UHS Hospitals provide. When that time comes, you’ll be glad you contributed today.
- You want to give something back to the community. If you feel any of the UHS Hospital members have contributed to your health and well-being, a gift to one of the UHS Foundations is a wonderful way to say “thank you” and to help others receive high-quality health care.
- You want your charitable dollars to stay in the region. At a time when your mailbox is flooded with donation requests, it’s comforting to know that your gift to the one of the UHS Foundations remains right here in the area of your choice, directly benefiting your family, friends and neighbors.
- You want to boost quality of life and the local economy. The presence of good health care attracts people and desirable jobs to the community. In addition, UHS Hospitals employ more than 5,000 local residents. Your donations and support will help keep the Southern Tier and Central New York area strong and vibrant.
- You want to help those less fortunate than you. The member organizations and the people of UHS provide the same compassionate service to everyone who seeks our help. In fact, our hospitals are known throughout central New York for success in reaching those who might not otherwise receive the care they need.