COVID-19 Safety Information for Visitors
Safety Guidelines for Visitors
For the latest updates on visitation, click here.
We have instituted changes in order to ensure the safety of our patients and their families. Things are changing daily and we appreciate your patience as we make the necessary changes in order to keep you, your family and our community safe.
UHS Binghamton General Hospital, UHS Wilson Medical Center, UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital, UHS Delaware Valley Hospital
October 5 update:
Based on the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in Broome County and our commitment to the safety of our community, visitor restrictions are in place, except for those at beginning-of-life, end-of-life and pediatric patients.
If you are coming in for an appointment with a provider or surgery we ask that you come alone. If you need assistance please limit this to one adult support person. Your support person may be asked to wait in the waiting room or in their car during your time with your provider in order to maintain social distancing and limit the potential for exposure. If you are bringing a child in for a pediatric appointment, please do not bring the child's siblings if possible.
If you are not feeling well, we strongly encourage you to call your provider's office before you come in. Please do not come in for an appointment if you have a fever, shortness of breath, cough, or any combination of those.
If you are experiencing these or other COVID related symptoms please use the COVID virtual screening tool on nyuhs.org and this will direct you to your care following the screening.
UHS Senior Living at Ideal
November 24 update:
The Adult Care / Assisted Living Facility has reopened for visitation. The Skilled Nursing Facility remains closed to visitors. Click here for more information.
- UHS Wilson Medical Center provides patient/visitor parking in the large parking lot located adjacent to Main Street, between Baldwin Street and Harrison Street; and in the parking lot between Baldwin Street and Arch Street, across from the Emergency Department. Shuttle service to or from the parking lots can be arranged for visitors and patients during business hours, by presenting to the Decker Center Turnaround on Harrison Street.
- Patient/visitor parking at Binghamton General Hospital is available on Mitchell Avenue, directly across the street from the hospital’s main entrance.
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital visitors may park in the lot at the front of the hospital for short visits. For long visits, please use the lot at the back of the hospital (follow the driveway to the left after driving onto the hospital grounds).
- UHS Delaware Valley Hospital offers free patient/visitor parking in three areas—one is located between the hospital and the primary care building, the second is opposite the Emergency Room Walk-in entrance, and the third is located across from primary care and in front of the Community Pharmacy and Physical Rehabilitation Building.
The UHS Wilson Medical Center Auxiliary Gift Shop is now located in the Harrison Street Lobby Coffee Shop.
*All other gift shops remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visitors may order a guest meal to dine in a patient’s room. Please order meals no less than 1 hour prior to the desired meal. Payment must accompany the order; however, there are circumstances when the visitor won’t be charged for the meal, please speak with the nurse.
To order a guest meal:
- UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General Hospital: please call (607) 763-6325
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital: please speak with the patient’s nurse or catering associate
- UHS Delaware Valley Hospital: please speak with the patient’s nurse
UHS Wilson Medical Center, located in the Gateway Building.
- Breakfast 6:30 - 10:00 a.m. daily
- Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. daily
- Dinner 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. daily
- Beverages/snacks Available all day, 6:30 a..m - 7:00 p.m.
UHS Binghamton General Hospital, G Level of the Memorial Building
- Breakfast 6:30–10:00 a.m. daily
- Lunch 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. daily
- Dinner 4–6:30 p.m. daily
- Beverages/snacks Available all day, 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Hops Yard Bistro at Chenango Memorial Hospital, basement level
- Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Saturday/Sunday, 8:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Call the Menu Hotline at 337-4308 to learn what will be served
UHS Delaware Valley Hospital Dining Room,to the left off the main lobby
- No food is served to the public, but vending is available 24/7
Harrison Street Café at UHS Wilson Medical Center, hospital lobby at Harrison Street
- Monday–Sunday, 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Market Street Deli at UHS Wilson Medical Center, hospital lobby at Harrison Street
- Monday–Sunday, 11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Closed holidays
South Side Café at UHS Binghamton General Hospital, main lobby on Mitchell Avenue
*This café is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Monday–Friday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Beverage service only, Monday–Friday, 9–10 a.m. and 3–4 p.m.
- Closed weekends/holidays
Peets Coffee and Tea at UHS Vestal, lobby In UHS Vestal
- Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday/Sunday closed
- Closed holidays
Vending machines are located:
- UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General Hospital: in both hospital cafeterias, both emergency departments and various locations throughout the hospitals
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital: in the cafeteria and on the third floor of the hospital, across from the chapel
- UHS Delaware Valley Hospital: in the Dining Room and in the Emergency Room waiting area
Public access to UHS Hospitals will be limited to the following entrances:
At UHS Wilson Medical Center:
- The Decker Center entrance and the entrance to the Emergency Department.
At UHS Binghamton General Hospital:
- The main entrance on Mitchell Avenue, the entrance from the parking lot on Park Avenue, the Emergency Department entrance on Park Avenue, and the front entrance of the 40 Mitchell Ave. building.
At UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital:
- Use the main entrance off Route 12 (Broad Street)
- Follow main entrance signs around to the the left.
- The main entrance is in the rear of the building.
- Follow the signs through the construction to the tent covering the temporary entrance.
At UHS Delaware Valley Hospital:
- Please use the Walk-in entrance to the Emergency Department- located to the right of the Ambulance Entrance.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation.
For your safety and convenience
While you are at UHS Hospitals, we will be asking you to wear a Visitor Pass. This will help us ensure patient, visitor and staff safety, provide enhanced patient privacy, and assist everyone in getting to the right destination.
On arrival, you will be asked to show your driver’s license or other government-issued identification, which will then be quickly scanned. Once the ID is validated, you will be given a temporary Visitor Pass to wear while on the premises. If you don’t have ID with you, we will ask to take a photo of you.
The pass will include the date of your visit and your picture, and identify the unit or department you are going to, so that we can help you get to your desired destination.
Remember, we’re always ready to help. If you need directions or assistance in getting to the person you wish to visit, or have any other questions, please ask any member of the UHS Hospitals team.
Learn more about our Hospital Visitor Management Program in the video below.
The Danielle House provides shelter and emotional support for family members visiting seriously ill patients in Binghamton-area hospitals. Guests are limited to immediate family members and support persons of the hospitalized patient, and are typically referred by a social worker, physician’s office, chaplain, member of the Patient Relations staff, or member of the Pastoral Care staff. A nominal donation per room per night is asked of guests, but services at Danielle House are free or reduced for those in need, depending on circumstances.