*The UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital COVID-19 testing center is open 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A referral and appointment are both required.
Please remember, masks are still required in all medical facilities.
Visitation, which had been limited as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, will increase in most areas beginning Monday, June 14, with some restrictions still in place.
- Visitation will return to pre-COVID hours – 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Each visitor is required to wear a mask, use a designated entrance to access the hospital and be screened by visitor management personnel before going to see a patient.
- If the visitor has a fever, sore throat or other possible COVID-19 symptoms, they won’t be allowed to visit, and visitors under age 12 won’t be permitted.
- One visitor will be allowed per adult patient at UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General. Two visitors per adult patient at UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital and UHS Delaware Valley Hospital.
- For pediatric patients, both parents or two adult visitors are permitted.
- For labor & delivery and maternity, patients are allowed two visitors in addition to a doula if desired.
- In procedural areas like Ambulatory Surgery, Radiology, GI lab and Cath Lab, one visitor per patient is permitted.
- In the Emergency Department, one visitor is permitted once the patient has been taken to a room.
- For palliative care or end of life, visitation hours may be relaxed at the discretion of the care team.
- For our dedicated COVID patient rooms, visitation will continue to be limited and appropriate protective apparel will be provided.
Visiting hours for UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital are from 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. daily.
- Senior Living visitation is by appointment only
UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital includes emergency care and medical clinic services such as inpatient and outpatient surgical care units, a women’s health center and a maternity and obstetrics unit. Our Norwich hospital staffs an intensive care unit, general surgery, cardiology, diagnostic heart care center, orthopedics, diagnostic imaging and laboratory departments as well as a 24 hour physician-staffed emergency care department for the Norwich and Chenango County community. Other specialties at our medical clinic include GI (gastro-intestinal/gastroenterology), Podiatry and an Oncology treatment and infusion center. The hospital's second floor is specially designed with a senior living center and a wing dedicated for short-term rehabilitation.
Our Norwich hospital also provides services at an outpatient diagnostic imaging center and a freestanding physical therapy center.
UHS Chenango Memorial’s primary care network is the county’s central source for preventative and routine medical care. With primary care centers in Sidney, Sherburne, Oxford and Norwich, patients in rural areas have nearby access to quality primary care.