Hand & Wrist Surgery
UHS offers advanced care for patients experiencing hand, wrist, and elbow pain or discomfort related to conditions such as arthritis, fractures, joint dislocations, tendon injuries, cysts, and other common overuse injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome. UHS provides the sub-specialty of hand and wrist surgery at UHS in Binghamton, Vestal, and the surrounding areas. We also provide orthopedics which includes surgical and non-surgical treatment provided by the care team of Regina M. Meis, MD.
- Cysts, such as ganglion cysts
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint deformity, such as Boutonniere Deformity
- Fingertip injuries and Amputations
- Trigger Finger/thumb
- Contractures, such as Dupuytren’s contracture
- Wrist Sprain
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- Trauma to the hand, wrist, forearm
During Your Visit
Once established with your UHS Orthopedics provider, a full spectrum of services are available at UHS and partnering locations. When developing your individualized treatment plan, your provider may recommend the services such as hand or wrist surgery. This could also include carpal tunnel or trigger finger surgeries. UHS locations in the Binghamton area also may suggest the following services:
- Injections – Arthritis, Inflammation, Pain
- Casting, splinting, bracing – Provided, Sized and fit in the office in coordination with UHS Home Care
- Hand Therapy, Physical, and Occupational Therapy
- Referral to services such as Pain Management
Surgery when indicated is performed at UHS Binghamton General Hospital or the Ambulatory Surgery Center at UHS Wilson Medical Center.
Committed, Expert Care Team
At UHS, you will benefit from the care, attention and experience of a diverse team of dedicated medical professionals whose focus is to improve your quality of life. At all UHS locations around Binghamton, your experienced wrist and hand surgery team includes:
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Physician Assistants: Evaluate and treat you while in the clinical and hospital settings, as well as assist during surgery. Also assist the surgeon in coordination of pre and post-operative care including: home health, therapies to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Surgical Coordinator: Provides support with scheduling surgeries including coordination of pre-operative clearances, admission testing, insurance authorizations, and follow-up appointment management. Our hand and wrist surgery team in the Binghamton area is well-trained.
- Clinical Staff: ATC’s and MOA’s that perform patient care during clinic, prepare injections, and lead management of patient appointments.
- Hand Therapy, including Physical and Occupational Therapists: Help you return to function through conditioning exercises focused on your area of need.
- Case Manager: Assists with coordination of hospital discharge and follow-up care, if required.