Shoulder Surgery & Replacement
UHS offers advanced care for patients experiencing shoulder pain or discomfort related to conditions such as arthritis, fractures, joint dislocations, tendon injuries, and other common injuries such as rotator cuff tears. UHS in the Binghamton region has the sub-specialty of shoulder surgery which includes surgical and non-surgical treatment provided by the care teams.
Conditions We Treat
- Shoulder Trauma (Fractures & Dislocations)
- Shoulder Impingement/Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Biceps Tendon Tear at the Shoulder
- Shoulder Pain and Common Shoulder Problems
- Chronic Shoulder Instability
During Your Visit
Once established with your UHS Orthopedics provider, a full spectrum of services are available at UHS and partnering locations. When developing your individualized treatment plan, your provider may recommend services such as a rotator cuff tear shoulder surgery. The Binghamton area team of providers at UHS has the expertise for all of the following:
- Injections – Arthritis, Inflammation, Pain
- Ultrasound-guided injections
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injections: Platelets, stem cells, and growth factors concentrated from your own blood to aid in healing
- X-Ray, CT, MRI
- Casting, splinting, bracing – Provided, Sized and fit in the office in coordination with UHS Home Care
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Referral to Services such as Pain Management
- Surgery when indicated is performed at UHS Binghamton General Hospital or the Ambulatory Surgery Center at UHS Wilson Medical Center
Committed, Expert Care Team
At UHS, you will benefit from the care, attention and experience of a diverse team of dedicated medical professionals whose focus is to improve your quality of life. At UHS, your experienced team includes:
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Physician Assistants: Evaluate and treat you while in the clinical and hospital settings, as well as assist during your shoulder surgery. UHS in the region around Binghamton has a team of providers that also assist the surgeon in coordination of pre and post-operative care including: home health, and therapies to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Surgical Coordinator: Provides support with scheduling surgeries including coordination of pre-operative clearances, admission testing, insurance authorizations, and follow-up appointment management.
- Clinical Staff: ATC’s and MOA’s that perform patient care during clinic, prepare injections, and lead management of patient appointments.
- Physical and Occupational Therapists: Help you return to function through conditioning exercises focused on your area of need.
- Case Manager: Assists with coordination of hospital discharge and follow-up care, if required.
Meet the Shoulder Surgery Team In and Around Binghamton Today. We offer shoulder dislocation surgery, rotator cuff tear surgery, and other shoulder surgeries you may need.
David Gallagher, MD