Learn skills to complete everyday tasks more easily with guidance from skilled occupational therapists. UHS provides occupational therapy and treatments in Binghamton, and throughout New York. Our team of occupational therapists at UHS can teach you to complete everyday tasks more efficiently and with greater independence.
Who Benefits from Occupational Therapy
All UHS locations in the Binghamton area offer occupational therapy services. These services benefit adults and children who experience the following:
- Brain injuries
- Chronic pain, such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Developmental disorders, like autism and cerebral palsy early intervention
- Hand and upper-extremity injuries and conditions
- Injuries, such as broken bones and burns, that limit physical abilities
- Intervention (EI) and Committee on Preschool Special education (CPSE)
- Nervous system disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS
Occupational therapy also can help you make daily life easier as you recover after surgery.
Occupational Therapy Services
A specially trained UHS occupational therapist serving the Binghamton area will evaluate you and help you develop goals. Together, you’ll create a personalized therapy plan to achieve those goals. Your therapist will evaluate your progress regularly and, as needed, adjust the plan. The occupational therapists at UHS in Binghamton and beyond have a wealth of experience in evaluating and treating a variety of problems, including fibromyalgia, arthritis, and more!
An occupational therapist might help you learn how to:
- Improve motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Modify your home or work environment to simplify tasks
- Perform everyday activities like teeth brushing, getting dressed and eating
- Use adaptive tools such as wheelchairs, bathing equipment or communication aids
Expert Occupational Therapy Close to Home
Find exceptional occupational therapy services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs. Our occupational therapists at UHS in the Binghamton region can provide a wide range of treatment options to address your unique needs.
UHS Grill Days: Help every Broome County resident have a Full PlateJune 24, 2022
Outreach to those in need in the community is part of UHS’ mission as a not-for-profit healthcare system, and participation in United Way’s Full Plate Project is one important way our organization is helping those who have food insecurity.
Find UHS on the app store!June 21, 2022
The new UHS mobile app helps you manage your health care so you can focus on what is most important for you and your family.
Life saved in Pharmacy by CPR Heroes’ quick actionJune 20, 2022
Quick action by members of the UHS Hospitals Pharmacy team is being credited with saving the life of a construction worker who collapsed while on the job June 10 at the in-hospital Pharmacy at UHS Binghamton General Hospital.
Donating blood is a lifesaving actJune 19, 2022
If you’re comfortable attending in-person events again, one kind of event that you might want to consider is a blood drive! This can be a great way for you to do your part to save lives—up to three lives, as a matter of fact, with every donation.