Learn skills to complete everyday tasks more easily with guidance from skilled occupational therapists at UHS. We’ll help you function more independently and with greater ease.
Who Benefits from Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy benefits adults and children who experience:
- Brain injuries
- Chronic pain, such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Developmental disorders, like autism and cerebral palsy early intervention
- Hand and upper-extremity injuries and conditions
- Injuries, such as broken bones and burns, that limit physical abilities
- Intervention (EI) and Committee on Preschool Sspecial education (CPSE)
- Nervous system disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS
Occupational therapy also can help you make daily life easier as you recover after surgery.
Occupational Therapy Services
A specially trained UHS occupational therapist will evaluate you and help you develop goals. Together, you’ll create a personalized therapy plan to achieve those goals. Your therapist will evaluate your progress regularly and, as needed, adjust the plan.
An occupational therapist might help you learn how to:
- Improve motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Modify your home or work environment to simplify tasks
- Perform everyday activities like teeth brushing, getting dressed and eating
- Use adaptive tools such as wheelchairs, bathing equipment or communication aids
Expert Occupational Therapy Close to Home
Find exceptional occupational therapy services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs.
Visitation paused at UHS Delaware Valley HospitalNovember 29, 2021
UHS Delaware Valley Hospital is pleased to announce that the hospital is once again allowing visitation. Visiting hours are from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Antibody treatment available to COVID patients at UHSNovember 29, 2021
With the most recent uptick in COVID-19 cases, UHS providers are using monoclonal antibody (MCA) therapy to mitigate the severity of COVID in patients who have been diagnosed with the disease.
UHS Virtual Walk-In available on all holidaysNovember 29, 2021
UHS Virtual Walk-In is a fast, convenient service that you can access from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, from your computer in the comfort of your own home.
All vaccinated adults now eligible for COVID booster shotsNovember 22, 2021
The FDA and CDC have approved providing COVID-19 boosters to all adults who have already been fully vaccinated.