Learn skills to complete everyday tasks more easily with guidance from skilled occupational therapists at UHS. We’ll help you function more independently and with greater ease.
Who Benefits from Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy benefits adults and children who experience:
- Brain injuries
- Chronic pain, such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Developmental disorders, like autism and cerebral palsy early intervention
- Hand and upper-extremity injuries and conditions
- Injuries, such as broken bones and burns, that limit physical abilities
- Intervention (EI) and Committee on Preschool Sspecial education (CPSE)
- Nervous system disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS
Occupational therapy also can help you make daily life easier as you recover after surgery.
Occupational Therapy Services
A specially trained UHS occupational therapist will evaluate you and help you develop goals. Together, you’ll create a personalized therapy plan to achieve those goals. Your therapist will evaluate your progress regularly and, as needed, adjust the plan.
An occupational therapist might help you learn how to:
- Improve motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Modify your home or work environment to simplify tasks
- Perform everyday activities like teeth brushing, getting dressed and eating
- Use adaptive tools such as wheelchairs, bathing equipment or communication aids
Expert Occupational Therapy Close to Home
Find exceptional occupational therapy services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs.
Flags raised to mark Donate Life MonthApril 12, 2021
Flag-raisings took place at UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General Hospital on April 12 in honor of National Donate Life Month. The flags will fly through the remainder of April.
Stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccine information sessionsApril 08, 2021
As the COVID-19 vaccine continues to be rolled out across New York State, there's a lot of information being made available to you.
UHS offers COVID-19 vaccine to the publicApril 06, 2021
UHS is offering free COVID-19 vaccine to the public at two locations in Greater Binghamton.
Visitation rules to ease at area hospitalsApril 02, 2021
Visitation, which has been very limited as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, will increase at hospitals in Broome and some nearby counties as of Monday, April 5, with some restrictions still in place.