Learn skills to complete everyday tasks more easily with guidance from skilled occupational therapists. UHS provides occupational therapy and treatments in Binghamton, and throughout New York. Our team of occupational therapists at UHS can teach you to complete everyday tasks more efficiently and with greater independence.
Who Benefits from Occupational Therapy
All UHS locations in the Binghamton area offer occupational therapy services. These services benefit adults and children who experience the following:
- Brain injuries
- Chronic pain, such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Developmental disorders, like autism and cerebral palsy early intervention
- Hand and upper-extremity injuries and conditions
- Injuries, such as broken bones and burns, that limit physical abilities
- Intervention (EI) and Committee on Preschool Special education (CPSE)
- Nervous system disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS
Occupational therapy also can help you make daily life easier as you recover after surgery.
Occupational Therapy Services
A specially trained UHS occupational therapist serving the Binghamton area will evaluate you and help you develop goals. Together, you’ll create a personalized therapy plan to achieve those goals. Your therapist will evaluate your progress regularly and, as needed, adjust the plan. The occupational therapists at UHS in Binghamton and beyond have a wealth of experience in evaluating and treating a variety of problems, including fibromyalgia, arthritis, and more!
An occupational therapist might help you learn how to:
- Improve motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Modify your home or work environment to simplify tasks
- Perform everyday activities like teeth brushing, getting dressed and eating
- Use adaptive tools such as wheelchairs, bathing equipment or communication aids
Expert Occupational Therapy Close to Home
Find exceptional occupational therapy services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs. Our occupational therapists at UHS in the Binghamton region can provide a wide range of treatment options to address your unique needs.
Make blood donation part of holiday plansDecember 02, 2022
As we celebrate the holidays, the American Red Cross is encouraging those who are eligible to give something that can save a life – a blood donation!
Maintain, Don’t Gain this holiday seasonDecember 01, 2022
The average American gains between 1-5 pounds during the holidays. The extra weight can accumulate over time and make it more difficult to get back to a healthy weight.
Take action to avoid getting and spreading the fluNovember 30, 2022
This is flu season, and healthcare professionals are seeing a concerning uptick in cases of influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
Huge crane to work at UHS Wilson site for 5 monthsNovember 29, 2022
The Wilson Project construction site now includes a huge crane that will begin the steel work at the project construction site. The crane’s assembly will impact traffic patterns in the area for four days.