Learn skills to complete everyday tasks more easily with guidance from skilled occupational therapists. UHS provides occupational therapy and treatments in Binghamton, and throughout New York. Our team of occupational therapists at UHS can teach you to complete everyday tasks more efficiently and with greater independence.
Who Benefits from Occupational Therapy
Our occupational therapy services benefit adults and children who experience the following:
- Brain injuries
- Chronic pain, such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Developmental disorders, like autism and cerebral palsy early intervention
- Hand and upper-extremity injuries and conditions
- Injuries, such as broken bones and burns, that limit physical abilities
- Intervention (EI) and Committee on Preschool Special education (CPSE)
- Nervous system disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS
Occupational therapy also can help you make daily life easier as you recover after surgery.
Occupational Therapy Services
A specially trained UHS occupational therapist serving the Southern Tier region will evaluate you and help you develop goals. Together, you’ll create a personalized therapy plan to achieve those goals. Your therapist will evaluate your progress regularly and, as needed, adjust the plan. The occupational therapists at UHS in Binghamton and beyond have a wealth of experience in evaluating and treating a variety of problems, including fibromyalgia, arthritis, and more!
An occupational therapist might help you learn how to:
- Improve motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Modify your home or work environment to simplify tasks
- Perform everyday activities like teeth brushing, getting dressed and eating
- Use adaptive tools such as wheelchairs, bathing equipment or communication aids
Expert Occupational Therapy Close to Home
Find exceptional occupational therapy services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs. Our occupational therapists at UHS in the Binghamton region can provide a wide range of treatment options to address your unique needs.
Be aware of changes to masking policiesMarch 27, 2023
As of Monday, March 27, masking against COVID-19 will no longer be required at UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital, UHS Delaware Valley Hospital and UHS outpatient facilities outside UHS Hospitals.
Is it an allergy, or a cold?March 27, 2023
With the calendar informing us that spring is officially here, you may be wondering if those upper-respiratory symptoms you’re experiencing are an allergy, a cold, or something else.
When winter lingers, stay fit indoorsMarch 20, 2023
Engaging in a bit of indoor exercise for a few minutes a day can make you feel better and improve your overall fitness level.
UHS honors our Certified Nurses on March 19, National Certified Nurses DayMarch 19, 2023
Certified Nurses Day honors nurses who become certified and help contribute to better patient outcomes through national board-certification in their specialty. Certification affirms advanced knowledge, skills and excellence as you meet the challenges of modern nursing.