Learn skills to complete everyday tasks more easily with guidance from skilled occupational therapists at UHS. We’ll help you function more independently and with greater ease.
Who Benefits from Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy benefits adults and children who experience:
- Brain injuries
- Chronic pain, such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Developmental disorders, like autism and cerebral palsy early intervention
- Hand and upper-extremity injuries and conditions
- Injuries, such as broken bones and burns, that limit physical abilities
- Intervention (EI) and Committee on Preschool Sspecial education (CPSE)
- Nervous system disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and ALS
Occupational therapy also can help you make daily life easier as you recover after surgery.
Occupational Therapy Services
A specially trained UHS occupational therapist will evaluate you and help you develop goals. Together, you’ll create a personalized therapy plan to achieve those goals. Your therapist will evaluate your progress regularly and, as needed, adjust the plan.
An occupational therapist might help you learn how to:
- Improve motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Modify your home or work environment to simplify tasks
- Perform everyday activities like teeth brushing, getting dressed and eating
- Use adaptive tools such as wheelchairs, bathing equipment or communication aids
Expert Occupational Therapy Close to Home
Find exceptional occupational therapy services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs.
Dunkin' donates $8,658 to the UHS FoundationSeptember 23, 2020
On August 26, Dunkin' held their 2020 Iced Coffee Day and for every iced coffee sold Dunkin' donated one dollar to the UHS Foundation.
UHS becomes key PPE resource for schoolsSeptember 21, 2020
UHS has become a key resource in the Southern Tier’s ongoing battle against COVID-19, with schools across Broome and Tioga counties the most recent beneficiaries.
UHS offers flu shots by appointment onlySeptember 21, 2020
Flu season will be a bit different this year, with the added specter of COVID-19 always on people's minds as fall and winter approach.
UHS Delaware Valley Hospital visits local schools for handwashing experimentSeptember 21, 2020
UHS Delaware Valley Hospital brought its germ-busting equipment to the Walton and Hancock central school districts to show students the proper way to wash their hands.