Cancer Survivorship & Support
If you or someone you love is living with or has completed treatment for cancer, find the practical and emotional New York cancer support and survivor care you need near Binghamton at UHS in the Southern Tier, including dietary assistance, social worker support, survivorship plans and more.
Whether you have cancer or are caring for someone who does, trust UHS to provide you with the Binghamton cancer support services you need.
Binghamton Area Cancer Support Services
Your cancer treatment relationship with UHS doesn’t stop when you’re cancer-free. With help from your cancer care coordinator, you can find the cancer support services you need post-treatment to help you thrive. Services include:
• Cancer rehabilitation
• Cancer support groups
• Dedicated support from oncology social workers
• Dietary assistance
• Survivorship plans
• Tobacco cessation help
• Transportation assistance to medical appointments
Dedicated Oncology Social Workers
You’ll benefit from the help of the area’s only oncology program with social workers who are dedicated to the care of individuals living with cancer. These professionals can connect you with any services you need to complement your treatment plan.
In the event of a terminal cancer diagnosis, your oncology social worker can also refer you to services provided by the Transitional Life Care Team, which includes pastoral care and a specialized physician.
Cancer Survivorship Care Plan
If you get treatment at UHS for breast cancer in New York's Southern Tier, you will receive a cancer survivorship care plan once your treatment ends. This plan, which includes a diary of your care for use by other doctors in the future, will help you transition back into your life post-cancer treatment.
Your cancer survivor plan will give you helpful information about:
- Coping with your emotions about cancer and treatment
- Developing a wellness and healthy lifestyle plan
- Managing follow-up care
- Maintaining healthy family relationships
- Adjusting to life post-treatment
- And more
Cancer survivor care plans near Binghamton will soon be available not only to breast cancer survivors but also those who complete treatment for other types of cancer.
Cancer Support Groups
Find the emotional support you and your family need through one of the cancer support groups near Binghamton at UHS in New York's Southern Tier. Many support groups are open to individuals with cancer as well as their loved ones.
- Cancer Support Squad - Children ages 5-18 with family members or loved ones with cancer. This support group will off er support to the younger generation who are trying to understand and deal with the emotional strain of cancer. The group meets once a month in the Radiation Oncology Department at UHS Wilson Medical Center. Contact Katrina Mallery at 763-8084 to register.
- Caregivers Support Group - Join our free support group designed to give caregivers a place
to talk, share their experiences and meet others that have similar issues. The group is facilitated by Clinical Social Work staff.
- Newly Diagnosed and Those Receiving Treatment - Join our free support group devoted to patients newly diagnosed with cancer and those undergoing treatment and their primary support person. This is a safe place for sharing experiences, understanding emotions, fostering hope and empowerment.
- Post Cancer Treatment Wellness Group - Join our free post cancer treatment group devoted to provide a supportive environment for survivors to learn how to manage health issues, define your normal lifestyle and transition into wellness.
Cancer Support Close to Home
Find exceptional cancer support services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and groups may vary by location. Your doctor or care provider will refer you to the location that best suits your needs.