Services & Treatments
At UHS in New York's Southern Tier, get the care you need to help you treat your cancer and work toward achieving your treatment goals.
Advanced Cancer Services & Treatment
After your cancer diagnosis, your cancer treatments at our New York facilities may include:
- Medical oncology – Medicine, medical therapies and infusion (intravenous therapy), including chemotherapy, chemoembolization and hormone therapy
- Radiation oncology – Nonsurgical, high-energy-beam treatment, including The TrueBeam™ system for cancer treatment, that kills cancer cells
- Surgical oncology – Removal of cancerous tumors or growths
Comprehensive Cancer Care at UHS
At UHS, we offer comprehensive cancer care that treats the whole person in addition to their cancer. We do this using a multidisciplinary care team consisting of doctors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and nurse navigators, radiation therapists, social workers, dietitians, and more. Your care team will work with you to create a treatment plan that works best for you and supports your treatment goals. For more information about available support services, see our Cancer Survivorship and Support page.
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Speech therapy
- Lymphedema management for swelling caused by certain treatments
- Complementary therapies to help you cope with stress and any treatment side effects
- Home care
Expert Cancer Care Close to Home
Find exceptional cancer services in New York such as chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery treatment near Binghamton throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs.
This is the story of a UHS patient and his experience with coordinated care at UHS Oncology.View more patient stories >