During or after cancer care at UHS, begin restoring your energy, strength and mobility with New York cancer rehabilitation services, support, and therapy at UHS in Binghamton.
Benefits of Cancer Rehabilitation
Ask your doctor for a referral to cancer rehabilitation near Binghamton, which can help you enhance your:
- Ability to perform everyday tasks
- Immune system
- Lung function
- Muscle control
- Quality of sleep
Rehabilitation for Breast Cancer
If you’re a breast cancer patient or survivor, you’ll find specialized cancer care that helps ease pain, stiffness or tightness in your chest, arm or shoulder.
What Happens During Rehabilitation?
Depending on your needs, your personalized New York cancer rehabilitation program near Binghamton at UHS may include:
- Physical therapy – Shows you exercises and techniques you can practice to move more fully, comfortably and safely
- Occupational therapy – Teaches skills and recommends assistive devices you can use to more easily complete daily activities at home, work or school
- Speech-language therapy – Helps you learn how to communicate and swallow better, especially after cancer that affects your head, mouth or neck
- Lymphedema screening and treatment – Addresses swelling that sometimes follows breast cancer treatment
- Massage and manual therapy – Uses hands-on techniques to ease muscle pain and help you relax
Expert Cancer Care Close to Home
Find exceptional cancer support and therapy services near Binghamton throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs.