AIDS / HIV Treatment
Welcome from the HIV Care Team at UHS Primary Care - Binghamton.
UHS Primary Care - Binghamton is a general, Internal Medicine office, providing primary medical care for adults. Within that practice, however, we have a Care Team with special expertise in HIV/AIDS care. As the only AIDS and HIV treatment clinic in Binghamton, our care team provides supportive, inclusive, non-judgmental healthcare for AIDS and HIV positive patients. This primary care clinic provides patients with clinicians who are credentialed and/or experienced in offering state-of-the-art treatment to patients with an HIV diagnosis. Our clinicians can provide both your HIV-specific & your primary care.
Our Services Include:
- Confidential & comprehensive HIV services including: linkage & retention in care; HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Treatment) medication prescription; disease education; prevention & risk-reduction resources; medical care coordination
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) – Taking PEP as prescribed can protect you after a possible HIV exposure from sex or sharing needles.
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) – Taking PrEP every day can protect you from becoming infected with HIV.
- Comprehensive testing & treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) & Hepatitis A, B, C.
Contact Our Team
UHS Primary Care - Binghamton: (607) 762-3281
Scott Rosman, FNP
Erica Newton, PA
RAP Specialist Case Manager
Samantha Dye 607-762-2491
Adherence Program Assistant
Luann Morlando 607-762-2921
TeriAnn Montoya 607-762-2531
HIV care can be complicated, but we can support you in dealing with the disease. The BPC HIV Care Team will help you get everything you need in place for your visit with a provider. Give us a call if you are planning to become a new patient!
If you are newly diagnosed, the Team will assist you in obtaining the blood tests that help us know the status of your immune system, as well as how active the virus is.
If you have been getting care for HIV from another provider, we will need copies of those medical records; please meet with the Team so we can get your consent to have records sent and order updated tests, if needed.
Community Resource Information
- Southern Tier AIDS Program, Inc. (STAP), HIV/AIDS Case Management, Prevention, Syringe Exchange, Condoms, Testing. www.stapinc.org 607-798-1706 22 Riverside Drive, Binghamton NY 13905
- General HIV/AIDS information: www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/aids 1-800-541-AIDS; 1-800-233-7432 (Spanish)
- PEP information: www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/pep.html
- PrEP Information: www.projectinform.org/prep
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP): 1-800-542-2437
- NYSDOH HIV Confidentiality Hotline: 1-800-962-5065
- NYSDOH AIDS Institute Clinical Education Initiative (CEI) for Clinicians www.ceitraining.org 315-477-8479
- PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) Hotline: 1-866-637-2342
- HIV, Hepatitis C, STDs: 1-866-637-2342
When winter lingers, stay fit indoorsMarch 20, 2023
Engaging in a bit of indoor exercise for a few minutes a day can make you feel better and improve your overall fitness level.
UHS honors our Certified Nurses on March 19, National Certified Nurses DayMarch 19, 2023
Certified Nurses Day honors nurses who become certified and help contribute to better patient outcomes through national board-certification in their specialty. Certification affirms advanced knowledge, skills and excellence as you meet the challenges of modern nursing.
United Health Services among top hospitals in supply chain operationsMarch 17, 2023
For the fourth year in a row, United Health Services in Greater Binghamton has been named one of the “Best 50 Healthcare Providers for Supply Chain Excellence” in North America.
March is Red Cross Month -- The perfect time to get involvedMarch 14, 2023
March is Red Cross Month. Red Cross Month is the perfect time for first timers to get involved and donate blood.