AIDS / HIV Services
Welcome from the HIV Care Team at UHS Binghamton Primary Care. The Binghamton Primary Care clinic is a general, Internal Medicine office, providing primary medical care for adults. Within that practice, however, we have a Care Team with special expertise in HIV/AIDS care. As the only HIV specialty clinic in the area, our care team provides supportive, inclusive, non-judgmental healthcare for AIDS and HIV positive patients. BPC provides patients with clinicians who are credentialed and/or experienced in offering state-of-the-art treatment to patients with an HIV diagnosis. Our clinicians can provide both your HIV-specific & your Primary Care.
Our Services Include:
- Confidential & comprehensive HIV services including: linkage & retention in care; HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Treatment) medication prescription; disease education; prevention & risk-reduction resources; medical care coordination
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) – Taking PEP as prescribed can protect you after a possible HIV exposure from sex or sharing needles.
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) – Taking PrEP every day can protect you from becoming infected with HIV.
- Comprehensive testing & treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) & Hepatitis A, B, C.
Contact Our Team
UHS Binghamton Primary Care Clinic: (607) 762-3281
RAP Specialist Case Manager
Melissa Barker 607-762-2491
Adherence Program Assistant
Luann Morlando 607-762-2921
TeriAnn Montoya 607-762-2531
HIV care can be complicated, but we can support you in dealing with the disease. The BPC HIV Care Team will help you get everything you need in place for your visit with a provider. Give us a call if you are planning to become a new patient!
If you are newly diagnosed, the Team will assist you in obtaining the blood tests that help us know the status of your immune system, as well as how active the virus is.
If you have been getting care for HIV from another provider, we will need copies of those medical records; please meet with the Team so we can get your consent to have records sent and order updated tests, if needed.
Community Resource Information
- Southern Tier AIDS Program, Inc. (STAP), HIV/AIDS Case Management, Prevention, Syringe Exchange, Condoms, Testing. www.stapinc.org 607-798-1706 22 Riverside Drive, Binghamton NY 13905
- General HIV/AIDS information: www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/aids 1-800-541-AIDS; 1-800-233-7432 (Spanish)
- PEP information: www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/pep.html
- PrEP Information: www.projectinform.org/prep
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP): 1-800-542-2437
- NYSDOH HIV Confidentiality Hotline: 1-800-962-5065
- NYSDOH AIDS Institute Clinical Education Initiative (CEI) for Clinicians www.ceitraining.org 315-477-8479
- PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) Hotline: 1-866-637-2342
- HIV, Hepatitis C, STDs: 1-866-637-2342
Vaccination clinics at SUNY Broome for county residents 65+March 05, 2021
The Broome County Health Department is holding COVID-19 vaccination clinics at SUNY Broome on Friday, March 5, Monday, March 8 and Tuesday, March 9 for those 65 and older.
UHS Primary Care Endicott gives patient WingsMarch 04, 2021
UHS patient Bill Dalton needed a treatment that was available at the Cleveland Clinic, but didn't have a way to get there. UHS Primary Care Endicott staff sprang into action, making arrangements through two charitable organizations to fly Mr. Dalton.
Visitation to resume at Southern Tier hospitals March 5March 04, 2021
Visitation, which has been greatly limited as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, will resume as of Friday, March 5, with some restrictions still in place.
Stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccine information sessions & Town Hall meetingsMarch 04, 2021
As the COVID-19 vaccine continues to be rolled out across New York State, there's a lot of information being made available to you.