The Wilson Project
Our new regional medical center in Johnson City will promote improved access to specialty and ambulatory care services and be a community partner in helping to improve the health status of Greater Binghamton residents.
New Public Entrance
The Decker Center entrance is closed and the Baldwin Street entrance is the new public entrance to UHS Wilson Medical Center. This entrance features a drive-up/drop-off zone for cars and Medi-vans arriving with patients or visitors.
Please remember there is free parking, across the street from the entrance, in the Gateway Parking Lot, located at 55 Baldwin Street.
Throughout the duration of this project, construction will impact where you park and how you enter the hospital. Parking maps can be found in the section below.
Please check this page regularly for important updates.
Construction Work Begins
Construction is under way as part of the preliminary work related to the Wilson Project. This will temporarily impact the sidewalk as identified below.
The sidewalk across from 30 Harrison Street is now closed.
- Visitors should utilize the sidewalk on the West side of Harrison Street. This sidewalk will remain closed through mid-November. Access to the UHS Wilson Square practices will be maintained.
*Please check our Wilson Project page regularly for the latest information on construction project updates and traffic alerts for the UHS Wilson campus.
Thank you for your patience and consideration during this phase of preliminary construction work, as we move forward with our plans for much-needed expansion on the UHS Wilson campus.
Offices & Entrances Impacted by Construction
Construction on the Decker Center at UHS Wilson Medical Center will significantly impact Harrison Street traffic patterns.
Hospital Main Entrance Relocated
- The Decker Center Main Entrance has closed and the Baldwin Street Entrance is now the main entrance to the hospital.
- Staff access is available at the Tower and Emergency Department employee entrances.
Harrison Street Offices Impacted
From Harrison Street - Patients can still access:
- UHS Wilson Square at 30 Harrison Street
- UHS Radiation Oncology
- UHS Medical Oncology
- Accu/Site PET/CT Imaging Center
- UHS Otolaryngology
- UHS General and Vascular Surgery
- UHS OB/GYN
- UHS Neuro-Interventional Surgery
- Southern Tier Surgical Clinic
- Southern Tier Imaging at 32 - 36 Harrison Street
Parking lot access to the following offices will be entered from Hudson Street ONLY. These sites will no longer be able to be accessed from Harrison Street:
- UHS Heart and Vascular Institute at 30 Harrison Street
- UHS Neurosurgery at 46 Harrison Street
- UHS Wilson Place at 52 Harrison Street
- UHS Outpatient Pharmacy,
- UHS Pre-Admission Testing
- UHS Ambulatory Surgery
- UHS Spine Care & Pain Relief
- Southern Tier Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
About the Project
The Wilson Project will develop a new, six-story, state-of-the-art clinical tower on the campus of UHS Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City. Facing Main Street, the six-story, 183,000-square-foot tower will be the “front door” to UHS’ services going forward, and will feature a new trauma center and emergency department, a MRI suite, four inpatient units with private patient rooms, a surgical support area and a new roof-top helipad.
This is the first expansion of the UHS Wilson Medical Center campus in more than 30 years. The project will make UHS Wilson a true complement to Binghamton University’s Health Sciences Campus, with the two facilities standing adjacent to each other in the heart of the Johnson City Health & Cultural District.
To see the Project Fact Sheet, click here.
As UHS grows and expands to meet the changing needs of the Southern Tier, many career opportunities are available for qualified healthcare professionals.
This is true across our multi-facility System today, and will be true as we create and open the new patient tower at the UHS Wilson Medical Center within the next five years.
To view current job openings, click here for the UHS careers page at nyuhs.org.