Heart & Vascular Services & Treatments
Get the care and treatment you need for your heart and vascular conditions at UHS, the Southern Tier area’s most comprehensive provider of cardiac services in New York, such as angioplasty, heart surgery, and aortic valve replacement.
Advanced Heart & Vascular Care
At the UHS Heart Institute, you’ll find sophisticated technology and equipment to improve your heart health, including minimally invasive techniques that can reduce your pain, scarring and recovery time.
If you were previously deemed ineligible for a traditional surgical valve replacement, you may benefit from the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedure at UHS in, one of the few hospitals in the New York Southern Tier area to offer it. The minimally invasive TAVR procedure uses a thin, flexible tube called a catheter to insert a new aortic valve replacement without removing your old one.
Other heart surgeries and vascular services and treatments include:
- Ablations – Treat irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia) by blocking the irregular impulses from traveling through your heart
- Angioplasty – Widens a narrowed artery using a tiny tube with an expandable balloon at the end
- Artery stenting – Opens narrowed arteries to restore proper blood flow
- Atherectomy – Uses a tiny tube to remove plaque from your blood vessels to increase blood flow
- Cardiac device management – Care and maintenance of pacemakers, implanted defibrillators, and other instruments that regulate your heartbeat
- Closure of holes in the heart
- Clot-dissolving medication
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic wounds
- Heart surgery
- Limb salvage for diabetic foot conditions – Prevents amputation by increasing blood flow to your lower extremities through vein treatments and repairs
- Sclerotherapy – Reduces the appearance of varicose veins and spider veins by closing them off with an injected solution
- Thrombectomy – Restores circulation to an affected area by removing a blood clot
- Valve care and procedures
- Vascular surgery
UHS partners with Pediatric Cardiology Associates of Central New York to provide an array of cardiac tests that diagnose heart problems in infants, children and adolescents.
The Syracuse practice provides outpatient consultations and continuity of care in Apalachin.
Expert Heart & Vascular Care Close to Home
Find exceptional heart surgery and vascular services throughout the UHS service area in New York’s Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs for treatments in New York like angioplasty, heart surgery, and aortic valve replacement.