Visitation Guidelines: Updated July 14, 2021
Please remember, masks are still required in all medical facilities.
Visitation, which had been limited as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, will increase in most areas beginning Monday, June 14, with some restrictions still in place.
- Visitation will return to pre-COVID hours – 10 a.m. 8:30 p.m.
- Each visitor is required to wear a mask, use a designated entrance to access the hospital and be screened by visitor management personnel before going to see a patient.
- If the visitor has a fever, sore throat or other possible COVID-19 symptoms, they won’t be allowed to visit, and visitors under age 12 won’t be permitted.
- One visitor will be allowed per adult patient at UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General. Two visitors per adult patient at UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital and UHS Delaware Valley Hospital.
- For pediatric patients, both parents or two adult visitors are permitted.
- For labor & delivery and maternity, patients are allowed two visitors in addition to a doula if desired.
- In procedural areas like Ambulatory Surgery, Radiology, GI lab and Cath Lab and other procedural areas, one visitor per patient is permitted.
- In the Emergency Department, one visitor is permitted once the patient has been taken to a room.
- For palliative care or end of life, visitation hours may be relaxed and the number of visitors may be increased at the discretion of the care team.
- For our dedicated COVID patient rooms, visitation will continue to be limited and appropriate protective apparel will be provided.
- UHS Binghamton General Hospital: 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. daily
- Inpatient Psych (K3, K4 & M5) 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- New Horizons (M4)
- Rehabilitation (K4) 4 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. weekends
- Inpatient Psych (K3, K5 & M5) 4 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- New Horizons (M4)
- 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. Family Visitation, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., 1 visitor (in Russell Room)
- UHS Wilson Medical Center: 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. daily
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital: 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. daily
- Senior Living visitation is by appointment only. Click here to learn more.
- UHS Delaware Valley Hospital: 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. daily
UHS Senior Living at Ideal
July 14, 2021 Update:
Adult Care & Assisted Living Facility: Visitation is open.
Skilled Nursing Facility: Visitation is open, except for Rose Court.
Appointments are no longer required.
- NY Forward Safety Plan - Adult Care & Assisted Living Facility
- NY Forward Safety Plan - Skilled Nursing Facility
- Pandemic Emergency Plan
- For more information regarding the CMS visitation guidelines, visit cms.gov.
- For additional information on COVID-19, you may visit cdc.gov.
Primary, Pediatric and Specialty Care
You and your family’s health, safety and well-being are of utmost importance to us at UHS. If you are not feeling well, we strongly encourage you to call your provider's office or utilize the UHS Virtual Walk-In before you come in especially if you are experiencing fever, shortness of breath, cough, or any combination of those. DO NOT delay seeking in-person care if you are struggling to breathe. Infections like the flu and the novel coronavirus are especially concerning, but can be avoided by taking precautions.
- If you are coming for an appointment with your provider, we ask that you come alone whenever possible.
- If you desire support or you require assistance during your visit, please limit this to one adult companion or support person.
- If you are bringing a child in for a pediatric appointment, please do not bring siblings.