UHS is a 900-bed health care system based in Binghamton, N.Y. It is composed of UHS Wilson Medical Center, UHS Binghamton General Hospital, UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital and UHS Delaware Valley Hospital, as well as UHS Senior Living Center at Ideal, the UHS Medical Group and UHS Home Care, and the UHS Foundation. A locally owned, not-for-profit system, it is a state-designated trauma, stroke and chest pain center and a regional referral center for such specialties as neurosurgery, heart surgery, cancer care, neonatal intensive care, reconstructive surgery, behavioral health, renal care and medical rehabilitation.
Our residencies are dually accredited by the AOA and the ACGME (the Podiatric Residency Program is accredited by the CPME). In addition, residents in our Family Medicine and Internal Medicine residency programs can earn a Certificate of Added Certification in Medical Acupuncture.
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Transitional Year
- Preliminary Medicine Year
- Osteopathic Rotating Internship
- Level II Trauma Center with Life Flight capability
- 400 plus beds
- Regional NICU
- On-site MRI and imaging
- Specialized medical services include:
- Nuclear Medicine
- Center for Reconstructive Surgery
- Best Center for Cardiac Services
- Center for Neurosciences
- Diabetes Education and Management Center
- Designated Stroke Center
- Cutting-edge technology
As a resident you will have access to a wide range of high-tech, state-of-the-art tools to help you learn and develop clinical skills. From PDA informatics to advanced imaging to electronic medical records.
- Simulation lab and procedure training.
- Dedicated computer lab for residents and students
- Electronic medical records system
- PACS Digital Imaging System
- PDA access clinical summary center allows you to download patient records to your PDA and upload them back into the clinical system
- Remote internet access to patient record database
- Weekly conferences
- Board Review preparation