At the UHS Breast Center you will find…
Comprehensive screening and diagnostic services and the latest technological advances in detecting breast abnormalities
- Digital mammography examinations deliver an exceptionally clear image and result in more accurate interpretation
- Ultrasound examinations produce a high-definition image and result in an extraordinarily clear view of breast tissue
- If you find a lump and cannot see your healthcare provider, our female physician can perform a clinical breast exam for you
- A breast biopsy is sometimes needed to help determine whether a growth is benign or cancerous
Quick response to your needs and fast reporting of your results
- If you have a breast problem, call us at 607.763.5523 for a digital mammogram and clinical breast exam and we will schedule your appointment within 48 hours
- The UHS Breast Center has radiologists on site in our New York offices, which means you receive results fast
- The UHS Breast Center will contact you and your physician immediately if results indicate any suspicious or unclear findings, and will help schedule any necessary follow-up appointments and discuss any concerns you may have
- Patients who come to the center for evaluation of a lump or lesion receive their results the same day
- The UHS Breast Center will send you a letter with your results within 2 weeks of your exam or your may receive your results over the phone 24 hours after your exam by calling the center at 607.763.5523
- If your results indicate the need for an ultrasound, we will perform the ultrasound procedure immediately as part of the same appointment and you will receive results before you leave the center
- If our radiologist recommends a follow-up examination based on your mammography results, a nurse will call you the next day to schedule your additional exam; you will get those results immediately
- If you require the additional care of a specialist, we will contact the specialist for you and get you an appointment within 24 to 48 hours
A pleasant atmosphere where your comfort is critical
- Private mammogram suites feature confidential examination, dressing and counseling areas
- Soft foam cushions help relieve some of the discomfort many patients feel during a mammogram
Knowledgeable, friendly staff who are responsive to your questions and concerns
- An outstanding team of physicians including on-site radiologists, cytopathologists and the New York area’s only breast surgical oncologist provide patients with superb care
- An experienced staff of nurse practitioners, nurse navigators and radiology technologists provide personal care and attention to every patient
- Our nurse navigators deliver personalized care, guiding you throughout the diagnostic process; they offer information and support for all patients with breast care issues, serving as nurse, advocate and friend
- If require follow-up care, UHS Breast Center staff take care of all the details including informing your primary care physician and specialists and scheduling any surgical consultations
- We encourage you to discuss your concerns and questions and to feel confident of the answers you receive from our staff
Patients who are diagnosed with cancer will find that UHS is a leading provider of oncology care, offering a comprehensive cancer program at our New York location that includes medical and surgical oncology and radiation. This program has earned an Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
While the UHS Breast Center located at UHS Vestal on the Vestal Parkway provides the most comprehensive array of breast health programs available from UHS, services are also available at:
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital, which offers digital mammograms and a breast surgeon; for more information call 607-337-4111
- UHS Delaware Valley Hospital, which offers digital mammograms; for more information call 607-865-2126
What Patients are Saying
Masks stay in place at NYS health facilitiesJanuary 25, 2022
Although a state judge struck down New York's mask mandate, face coverings must still be worn at all UHS locations across the System, including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home care settings and physician practices, UHS leaders said.
UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital opens new Emergency Department and Walk-In CenterJanuary 25, 2022
The new Emergency Department and Walk-in Center is now open and seeing patients at UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital in Norwich.
UHS cares for “boarders” with nowhere else to goJanuary 24, 2022
Despite fighting on the front lines of the pandemic, some employees at Binghamton General Hospital have found the time to care for some young people with nowhere else to go.
Take precautions as temps get lowJanuary 14, 2022
With frigid temperatures in the forecast, we want to remind everyone that serious health problems can result from prolonged exposure to the cold.