About the UHS Breast Center
At the UHS Breast Center you will find …
Comprehensive screening and diagnostic services and the latest technological advances in detecting breast abnormalities
- Digital mammography examinations deliver an exceptionally clear image and result in more accurate interpretation
- Ultrasound examinations produce a high-definition image and result in an extraordinarily clear view of breast tissue
- If you find a lump and cannot see your healthcare provider, our female physician can perform a clinical breast exam for you
- A breast biopsy is sometimes needed to help determine whether a growth is benign or cancerous
Quick response to your needs and fast reporting of your results
- If you have a breast problem, call us at 607.763.5523 for a digital mammogram and clinical breast exam and we will schedule your appointment within 48 hours
- The UHS Breast Center has radiologists on site in our New York offices, which means you receive results fast
- The UHS Breast Center will contact you and your physician immediately if results indicate any suspicious or unclear findings, and will help schedule any necessary follow-up appointments and discuss any concerns you may have
- Patients who come to the center for evaluation of a lump or lesion receive their results the same day
- The UHS Breast Center will send you a letter with your results within 2 weeks of your exam or your may receive your results over the phone 24 hours after your exam by calling the center at 607.763.5523
- If your results indicate the need for an ultrasound, we will perform the ultrasound procedure immediately as part of the same appointment and you will receive results before you leave the center
- If our radiologist recommends a follow-up examination based on your mammography results, a nurse will call you the next day to schedule your additional exam; you will get those results immediately
- If you require the additional care of a specialist, we will contact the specialist for you and get you an appointment within 24 to 48 hours
A pleasant atmosphere where your comfort is critical
- Private mammogram suites feature confidential examination, dressing and counseling areas
- Soft foam cushions help relieve some of the discomfort many patients feel during a mammogram
Knowledgeable, friendly staff who are responsive to your questions and concerns
- An outstanding team of physicians including on-site radiologists, cytopathologists and the New York area’s only breast surgical oncologist provide patients with superb care
- An experienced staff of nurse practitioners, nurse navigators and radiology technologists provide personal care and attention to every patient
- Our nurse navigators deliver personalized care, guiding you throughout the diagnostic process; they offer information and support for all patients with breast care issues, serving as nurse, advocate and friend
- If require follow-up care, UHS Breast Center staff take care of all the details including informing your primary care physician and specialists and scheduling any surgical consultations
- We encourage you to discuss your concerns and questions and to feel confident of the answers you receive from our staff
Patients who are diagnosed with cancer will find that UHS is a leading provider of oncology care, offering a comprehensive cancer program at our New York location that includes medical and surgical oncology and radiation. This program has earned an Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
While the UHS Breast Center located at UHS Vestal on the Vestal Parkway provides the most comprehensive array of breast health programs available from UHS, services are also available at:
- UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital, which offers digital mammograms and a breast surgeon; for more information call 607-337-4111
- UHS Delaware Valley Hospital, which offers digital mammograms; for more information call 607-865-2126
Schedule your mammogram today!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and a good time to get a mammogram. Schedule a mammogram at the UHS Vestal Center below.
Tips for helping your child wear a maskMarch 02, 2021
Learn five things you can do to help children get used to wearing masks.
UHS Chenango Memorial starts new outpatient treatment for COVID patientsMarch 02, 2021
Last week, hospital staff introduced a new type of treatment designed to do just that. The treatment, known as monoclonal antibody therapy, involves infusion of a drug called Bamlanivimab.
Stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccine information sessions & Town Hall meetingsMarch 02, 2021
As the COVID-19 vaccine continues to be rolled out across New York State, there's a lot of information being made available to you.
Wear a mask after you get the COVID-19 vaccineFebruary 19, 2021
It's important to keep wearing a mask and continue to practice social distancing, even after you've received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.