First Aid Services (Nurse Visit)
UHS Occupational Medicine will provide First Aid Services and care for injuries sustained at work. The First Aid services will meet the generally accepted medical definition of First Aid and
will include the following:
- Observation of injury
- Application of antiseptics
- Compresses (hot or cold)
- Application of elastic bandages
- Irrigation of eye for removal of non-embedded foreign bodies
- Removal of foreign bodies from wounds by tweezers or other simple techniques
- Administration of non-prescription ointments
- Application of non-prescription ointments
- One booster dose of tetanus toxoid
Calling ahead is appreciated, but not required. The employee will be required to sign an “Authorization for Treatment” form. First Aid Services will be reported to the Company on the “First Aid Treatment” form.
The employee will be assessed by the Occupational Health Nurse and either receive First Aid Services, or be referred to a Primary Care Physician or a UHS Occupational Medicine Physician (employee’s choice), or is the condition warrants it, be referred to the Emergency Department.