Quick Access to UHS MyChart

Free and secure access to your UHS healthcare team and services.

Outpatient Treatment

We are pleased to offer New York outpatient Buprenorphine treatments and a variety of other services across Binghamton and Broome County, including substance use disorder assessments, outpatient groups, a Suboxone® (buprenorphine/naloxone) program, and both criminal justice and family programming. We use evidence-based counseling to teach recovery skills to patients with substance use disorders in a compassionate and non-judgmental environment. We offer New York outpatient buprenorphine treatment of varying intensity depending on your need. We address multiple use disorders including alcohol, opioid, stimulant, sedative hypnotic (benzodiazepine), hallucinogen, inhalant, and cannabis. We are proud to serve over 1,000 patients a year with our New York outpatient Buprenorphine treatments and drug, alcohol, and other behavioral health services.

Our Programming

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I work during the day. Are there outpatient treatment options for me?

A: Yes. Our evening offerings include the Intensive Outpatient Program, and the Step Down, Aftercare, Work-Bound, and DWI groups.

Q: How big are the groups?

A: Groups vary in size but have no more than 15 patients.

Q: I’m worried about paying for treatment. Is there someone that can help me with that?

A: We accept most forms of insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid. In addition, UHS has a financial advocate who can help you sign up for health insurance. An appointment can be made by calling 607-762-2550.

Q: Do you offer transportation?

A: No. If you are on Medicaid, you may be eligible for transportation assistance. Please contact your local Medicaid office for more information.

Q: What if I know someone in group?

A: You and your counselor will discuss options, including transferring to another group, which will maintain your confidentiality and ensure that you get the most out of treatment.

Q: Can you help with family members?

A: Yes. In addition to the Family Program, your counselor can offer a family session to improve family communication, explain the disease of addiction and its treatment, and provide information about community resources for patients and their families.

Q: I want to take medication for my problem with opioids, can you help me?

A: If you are interested in medication for addiction treatment with methadone or Suboxone® (buprenorphine/naloxone), you will need an assessment. Come to 10 Mitchell Avenue, Binghamton, NY 13903 for your assessment. You can drop in anytime between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. No appointment is necessary but we do ask that you call 607-762-2901 to pre-register. If you have questions about open access times, please call 607-762-2901. Please bring a picture ID and insurance card.

A licensed social worker or Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor will determine if you meet criteria for our Suboxone® (buprenorphine/naloxone) Program or our Medication-Assisted Treatment Program (methadone clinic). Once that determination is made, they will discuss the next steps in the admission process with you.

Related Locations