Avoid slips and falls when weather turns bad
When snow and ice cover the sidewalk, driveway or parking lot you need to traverse to get to your job, school or home, it's a good idea to take some basic winter precautions.
After all, rural, suburban and urban survival begins with avoiding slips and falls.
Here are a few tips from UHS Stay Healthy at the Oakdale Mall:
- Walk slowly and carefully.
- Use special care when getting in and out of vehicles.
- Watch for slippery floors when you enter any building or home.
- Try to avoid carrying items, or walking with your hands in your pockets; this can reduce your ability to catch yourself if you lose your balance.
- Watch out for black ice - the kind that's so transparent you can't see it until it's too late.