UHS Health and Wellness Teaching Day
September 21, 2023
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
DoubleTree by Hilton
Binghamton, New York
For more information contact Jaclyn Zindell at 607-763-6600
Register online here
Onward and Upward: Building a Healthy Future Together
- Medical Cannabis
- Healthy Living for your Brain and Body
- Stress and Resilience
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Disease Management
- Sleep Health
Joseph T. McCann, PsyD, JD
Clinical Psychologist, UHS Psychiatry
Maciej Nowakowski, MD
Medical Director, UHS Sleep Center
Alexa Valentine, PharmD
Staff Pharmacist, Vireo Health
Karissa Stoyell, PharmD
District Manager, Vireo Health
Program Manager, Alzheimer’s Association Central NY Chapter
Julie Lee, MS, RD, CDN
Campus Dietitian, Binghamton University
Coordinator of Community Health Education, Rural Health Network of South Central New York
Who Should Attend?
Health care providers, physicians, counselors, dietitians, nurse practitioners, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, physician assistants, social workers, students and teaching professionals.
Following this activity participants will be able to:
- Identify components of physical, mental and emotional well-being and strategies to build resilience.
- Discuss significance of sleep and its impact on various aspects of health.
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding towards individuals facing physical and emotional challenges.
You can also get agenda and more information by downloading the brochure here.
- 8:00 a.m. Registration/Breakfast/Pretest
- 8:45 a.m. Introduction/collect pre-tests
- 9:00 a.m. Medical Cannabis 101
Alexa Valentine, PharmD and Karissa Stoyell, PharmD
- 10:00 a.m. Healthy Living for your Brain and Body
- 11:00 a.m. Stress and Resilience: The Ability of Individuals and Groups to Recover from Adversity
Dr. Joseph McCann, PsyD, JD
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch/Vendors/Wellness Activity
- 1:00 p.m. The Rise in Eating Disorders: An Unexpected Consequence of the Pandemic
Julie Lee, MS, RD, CDN
- 2:00 p.m. Building Skills for Healthier Futures: How Self-Management Education Benefits Community Health
- 3:00 p.m. Afternoon Break
- 3:15 p.m. Make Sleep your Best Friend
Dr. Maciej Nowakowski, MD
- 4:15 p.m. Post Test/Evaluations/Wrap Up
Pending Approval for CME
This activity will award 6 contact hours of continuing education for those who attend the entire program and complete an evaluation.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activities, Upstate Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center 225 Water Street, Binghamton, NY • (607) 722-7575
From I-81 Northbound: Exit 5 (Front Street). Turn left onto Front Street, straight to East Clinton Street and turn left. Go over bridge and turn right onto Water Street. Hotel will be on your right.
From I-81 Southbound: Exit 5 (Front Street). Turn left onto Front Street, straight to East Clinton Street and turn left. Go over bridge and turn right onto Water Street. Hotel will be on the right.
From NY-17 Eastbound: Exit 72 (Front Street). Right at light onto Front Street. Turn left at third traffic light onto East Clinton Street. Go over bridge and turn right onto Water Street. Hotel will be on the right.
From NY-17 Westbound: 17 West to 81 North Exit 5 (Front Street). Turn left onto Front Street, straight to East Clinton Street and turn left. Go over bridge and turn right onto Water Street. Hotel will be on the right.
From I-88 Westbound: Follow I-88 to I-81 South Exit 5 (Front Street). (See above)
From Binghamton Regional Airport: Follow Airport Road (turns into Stella Ireland Road). Go through three traffic lights and take exit onto Route 17 East. (See above)
Note: This program has no commercial support.
Anne DePugh, RN, BSN, MPH
UHS Population Health
Kathryn Egan, PT
UHS Employee Health
Bethlehem Emmons-Post, MS, PA-C, TPM
Trauma Program Manager
UHS Trauma Services
Megan McClure, LMSW
Manager, Medical Social Work
UHS Binghamton General Hospital Care Management
Toni Nash, MSN, RN
Director of UHS Nursing Education & Professional Practice
Rebecca Robins, MSL, RD, CDN, FAND
Ann Teng, DO
UHS Occupational Medicine
Kayla Velie, MS
Manager of UHS Medical Command Center & Wellness
Linda Wasser, OTR/L
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Director
UHS Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
Jaclyn Zindell, MHA, RD, CDN
Clinical Nutrition Coordinator
UHS Clinical Nutrition
Also Sponsored By:
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Southern Tier Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- UHS Foundation
- UHS Department of Food and Nutrition
- UHS Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- UHS Population Health Department
- UHS Sports Performance
- UHS Sleep Center