UHS employees ‘Go Red For Women'
UHS joins the American Heart Association and the nation by taking part in National Wear Red Day on Friday, February 5, 2021.
Go Red For Women and National Wear Red Day encourage awareness of the issue of women and heart disease, and also action to save more lives. The movement harnesses the energy, passion and power women have to band together and collectively wipe out heart disease.
Based on research, a woman who "Goes Red" does the following:
- Follows an exercise routine
- Eats a healthier diet
- Visits her doctor for important tests
- Influences others by talking about heart health.
The campaign is designed to make women and their loved ones more aware of the wide range of signs and symptoms that can signal an impending heart attack in a woman.
These may include:
- Chest pain, either intense or mild
- Pain in the shoulder, arm, neck, jaw or back
- Shortness of breath
- Lightheadedness or nausea
- Unexplained anxiety, weakness or excessive sweating
To learn more or to donate to this campaign, visit goredforwomen.org.