UHS 29th Annual EMS/Emergency Medicine/Trauma Teaching Day
Save the Date
March 18, 2017
7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton
For more information contact Lorin Missavage at:
(607) 763-6311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More details below.
REGISTER EARLY. SEATING IS LIMITED.
We are pleased to present our 29th Annual EMS/Emergency Medicine/Trauma Teaching Day. We have spared no effort in bringing together several of the most dynamic, inspirational and innovative emergency and trauma care educators in the country. We hope you will join us for a very enjoyable educational experience. Be sure to register early. EMS providers and UHS staff can take advantage of the “early bird” conference discount by registering before March 10, 2017.
- Faizan Arshad, MD
- LTC David King, MD
- Micha Lissy, MD, ATC, PT
- Mike McEvoy, PhD, RN,
- Robert E. Newmyer, MD
Who Should Attend?
Attendees can be reached during the conference for emergencies by calling the hotel front desk at (607) 722-7575 and the message will be relayed to the conference desk. As a courtesy to faculty, please silence audible beepers, cellular phones and portable radios during the program.
Attire: Please dress comfortably for the day. Business casual is common. The conference center is kept cool. A sweater is suggested.
Not Permitted: Audio taping, videotaping and use of personal computers during this event is not permitted. All UHS campuses and events are smoke-free.
The Susquehanna Regional EMS Council-REMAC has designated eight hours of CME for this event.
Mail the registration form with payment to:
Lorin Missavage, c/o UHS Emergency & Trauma Services
33–57 Harrison Street, Johnson City, NY 13790.
Registration is now closed.
Phone: (607) 763-6311
E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- 7:00 a.m. - Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 7:50 a.m. - Announcements/Welcome William J. Loller, RN AEMT-CC, Conference Chairperson; Program Manager, Emergency Medical Services – Medevac Operations – UHS
- 8:00 a.m. - JOHN PRYOR MD MEMORIAL KEYNOTE - “Lessons Learned from the Boston Marathon Bombings” LTC David R. King, MD, FACS
- 9:00 a.m. - “Pre-Hospital/Emergency Department Management of Obstetrical Emergencies” Faizan H. Arshad, MD
- 10:00 a.m. - Morning Break - Please meet and visit with all of our sponsors and exhibitors. Do not miss the chair massages compliments of UHS. Please thank everyone for their support! Refer to our slide presentation running between presentations and your Conference Guide for vendor and exhibitor display locations.
- 10:30 a.m. - “Building The Team–Hands On Skills–Sports Medicine Emergency Care” - Micha Lissy, MD, ATC, PT
- 11:30 a.m. - Luncheon Buffet - All of our exhibitors and sponsors have already had lunch. They will be at their booths so that you can visit them at anytime during the luncheon break. This will be your final opportunity to visit with the exhibitors and massage therapists today.
- 12:45 p.m. - “Case Studies in Pediatric Critical Care” Robert E. Newmyer, MD
- 1:45 p.m. - “All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten“ Mike McEvoy, PhD, RN, NRP, CCRN
- 2:45 p.m. - Afternoon Break - Enjoy strawberry shortcake that will be served in the Grand Ballroom!
- 3:00 p.m. - “Bringing Home the Medical Lessons of War” LTC David R. King, MD, FACS
- 4:00 p.m. - “Topics in Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Medicine” Faizan H. Arshad, MD
- 5:00 p.m. - Closing, Evaluations, Certificates
A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
LifeNet of New York/Guthrie Air
Superior Ambulance Service, Inc.
Susquehanna Regional EMS Council, Inc.
VCI Emergency Specialists
Southern Tier Paramedic Program (STTP)
Southern Tier Critical Incident Stress Management
UHS Employment Department
HONORING DR. O’HARA
On May 14, 2003, in recognition of his outstanding service and dedication to pioneering emergency medical services in Broome County and New York State, UHS named its annual Emergency
Medical/Trauma Teaching Day the Patrick E. O’Hara, MD Emergency Medicine/Trauma Teaching Day.
- William J. Loller, RN, AEMT-CC
- Conference Chairperson
- Kay Boland, RN, Chief Nursing Officer
- Kim Brady, RN, BSN
- Christian D. Tvetenstrand, MD
- Jeffrey Eckdahl, RN, Director of Nursing
- Mary Ellen Jennison, RN
- Lorin Missavage, ART
- Stephen Gomez, MD
- Kathy Conboy, RN
- Leanne Simmons, RN, BSN
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton:
A special room rate of $109 per night is available for Conference attendees at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Binghamton. For information and directions, call DoubleTree at (607) 722-7575.