Hospital bill and coverage answers available by phone
Everyone at UHS is actively practicing social distancing during the COVID-19 crisis while still continuing to offer helpful services to patients and members of our community.
If you are a UHS patient and have questions about your hospital bill, health insurance coverage, financial assistance or similar issues, UHS maintains a financial assistance program and has patient financial advocates on staff.
During the COVID-19 emergency, such financial counseling is provided by phone. The advocates are doing phone appointments to avoid in-person interviews during the emergency.
Key phone numbers for Financial Assistance are:
- For UHS Wilson Medical Center, UHS Binghamton General Hospital or the UHS Medical Group and Physician Practices: 607-763-6127, available from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays.
- For UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital: 607-337-4512, available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
- For UHS Delaware Valley Hospital: 607-865-2445, available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
The Patient Financial Advocates can be reached at these numbers:
- UHS Wilson--Renee Gordon: 763-5586
- UHS Binghamton General--Rena Henderson: 762-2550
- Perinatal--Dawn Bennett: 763-5142
- UHS Chenango Memorial--Patty Holt: 337-4512
The advocates are certified application counselors (CACs) who are able to assist patients with enrolling in health insurance plans.
At UHS we believe that the fear of a hospital or doctor bill should never be a reason to avoid seeking necessary medical care.
If you have questions or concerns about paying for medical or hospital care, contact UHS today.