Get the most out of Summer
Are the kids already bored? Are they spending too much time on electronics?
We all need down time, but too much time on electronics for kids AND adults can be harmful. While only 2 hours of screen time per day is recommended, kids are spending close to 7 hours per day in front of screens.
As parents, we can control this better
- Set specific times for screens
- Limit total screen usage to 2 hours per day
- When they are not in use, put screens away, out of sight
- Go outside
- Plan family activities, and do them
- Include other families in activities
- Lead by example
- Stick to your rules, don’t waiver
These tips were provided by the the UHS Stay Healthy Rex and Roxy Newsletter.