Orthopedic Services & Treatments
When your bones, joints or muscles need medical care, turn to the New York chiropractic care and PT experts at UHS, serving patients across the Southern Tier. You’ll benefit from innovative services and treatments that help you feel and function better.
Conservative Musculoskeletal Care
Whenever possible, your treatment at UHS will begin with conservative, nonsurgical measures, such as:
- Chiropractic care – Manually adjusts your spine
- Immobilization – Uses a brace, cast, sling or splint for protection as an injury heals
- Interventional pain management – Includes steroid injections and nerve blocks
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
If surgery is your best treatment option, you’ll benefit from some of the Southern Tier area’s most experienced orthopedic surgeons. At UHS, they’re all fellowship-trained, meaning they received extensive education in a surgical specialty.
Minimally Invasive Techniques
Our doctors use advanced technology to perform many surgeries with a minimally invasive technique, such as arthroscopy, that reduces your pain, scarring and recovery time. During arthroscopy at one of our New York orthopedic surgery facilities, a physician slides a thin, narrow tube with a video camera into your joint. The doctor then treats your joint by inserting tiny medical tools into the tube.
Orthopedic Surgical Procedures
Your doctor at UHS may recommend one of these procedures:
- Arthroscopy - Minimally invasive procedue to assess and sometimes repair knee damage
- Cartilage restoration – Stimulates the growth of new cartilage, or cushioning, in your joints
- Joint replacement – Exchanges your arthritic, damaged joint for an artificial implant
- Hand or upper extremity surgery – Specializes in treating your hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder condition, such as carpal tunnel surgery
- Ligament reconstruction – Stabilizes a joint after a ligament injury
- Nerve repair – Removes injured tissue or scar tissue from nerve endings and rejoins the ends
If you’re injured during recreational or work-related physical activity, rely on UHS’ sports medicine specialists to get you moving again safely. Common sports injuries seen at our facilities include ACL surgery and torn meniscus surgery. We’ll teach you how to stay well on the field, in the workplace and at home.
Expert Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Care Close to Home
Find exceptional New York orthopedic surgery services and sports medicine care throughout the UHS service area in the Southern Tier. Services and treatments may vary by location. Your doctor will refer you to the location that best suits your care needs.
If you want to learn more about our New York chiropractic care and PT services, give us a call to schedule an appointment. We are happy to answer any of your questions and address any concerns.