Trust the expert orthopedic service and treatment team at UHS in New York to accurately diagnose your bone, joint or muscle condition.
Advanced Imaging & Diagnostic Procedures
Our New York orthopedic service and treatment physicians will use comprehensive imaging and diagnostic techniques, like CAT or bone scans, to evaluate your orthopedic condition. This helps your doctor recommend an effective course of treatment that gets you back to the activities you love.
Advanced diagnostic procedures at UHS include:
- Arthrogram – Uses contrast dye to examine a joint using X-ray, computed tomography (CT), fluoroscopy or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Bone density test – Measures mineral content and density to evaluate bone strength
- Bone scan – Uses a tiny amount of injected radioactive substance to produce images of your bones with a scanner
- Computed tomography (CT/CAT) scan – Combines multiple X-ray images into one 3-D image for greater detail and clarity
- Electromyogram (EMG) – Measures muscle and nerve function
- Fluoroscopy – Uses a continuous X-ray beam to capture moving images of your body
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – Creates detailed images using a magnetic field and radio waves
- Physical examination
- X-ray – Produces images using small, safe beams of electromagnetic radiation
Get an Orthopedic Care Referral
Call our Nurse Direct Hotline 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., seven days a week, at 607-763-5555 for a referral to a UHS orthopedist. Nurses are also available to give you information about medical conditions, providers, insurance, UHS specialties and hours of operation.