UHS sets visitor restrictions
Out of an abundance of caution, UHS is asking patients coming to our facilities for medical appointments, testing or to visit a patient, to please limit to those accompanying you to ONE person only, and ensure that both you and the companion are not experiencing flu or respiratory symptoms (see nyuhs.org for specific symptoms). If you are experiencing symptoms please call your provider's office, walk-in or emergency room before arriving.
- Visitors experiencing cough, sore throat, fever, or any other flu-like symptoms are not permitted
- Children under the age of 18 are restricted from visiting at this time.
- UHS will allow only one healthy visitor per patient
- For families with an infant in our NICU, we are restricting visitors to the mother and whoever she has appointed to have the second baby band, as long as that person is 18 years or older.
- Visitors with symptoms will not be permitted to enter the emergency department unless they are the only parent, guardian or healthcare proxy of the patient.
- Individuals who are not symptomatic but have an international travel history, have recently been in a community with active cases of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be screened according to CDC guidelines. The screening criteria are:
- Anyone with a travel history to an area with widespread or sustained COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Anyone who has had contact with someone who travelled to those areas and returned in the last 14 days and who is ill
If you are experiencing symptoms please call your provider's office, walk-in or emergency room before arriving.