UHS receives honors at Heroes of Heart Celebration
The American Heart Association (AHA) celebrated this year’s heart walk which raised $265,000 at its Heroes of Heart Celebration.
Local organizations and individuals were honored for their many contributions to the AHA and the community’s heart health including UHS, both as an organization and its’ employees with numerous distinctions.
- Team UHS was honored as the top corporate team, raising nearly $26,000.
- UHS’ Kim Pilarchik was recognized for being a member of the AHA Leadership Team.
- UHS was cited as a “Fit-Friendly Worksite” and recognized for having achieved the Get With The Guidelines®– Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- UHS’ Megan Farmer was recognized for her fundraising support of the AHA as well as being a member of the AHA Logistics Committee.
- UHS’Amber Scarinzi, RN, was honored for taking quick action to save the life of her boyfriend, Nate Smith, when he collapsed with cardiac arrest during the March 2017 blizzard.
- Finally, UHS was honored for being an in-kind sponsor of the American Heart Association.