Skip to Content

Published on April 23, 2013

Sons donate portrait of Dr. Tom Flanagan to UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital

UHS News Release
Release:  Immediately
Contact:  Linda Lewis-Moors, 337-4093 or
April 23, 2013

A portrait of Dr. Tom Flanagan has been given in his honor to UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital by his seven sons. It is displayed in the hospital’s hallway leading from the lobby to the first floor clinical offices.

Dr. Flanagan, FACS, DU, was chief of Urology at the hospital from 1951 until his retirement in the early 1980s.  He is credited with bringing medical specialty care to Chenango County.

Dr. Tom’s uncle, Dr. T.F. Manley, was the driving force behind the building of Chenango Memorial.  He and his brother, Dr. George Manley, were noted surgeons at the hospital, as was Dr. Flanagan’s brother, Dr. James Flanagan.

The painting is the work of noted artist Frank Ordaz of Sacramento, California.

UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital is a member of UHS, a locally owned, not-for-profit, 916-bed hospital and health care system serving the Greater Binghamton region from more than 40 locations around New York’s Southern Tier.

Media Lounge